RYA Day Skipper Theory Courses
A comprehensive introduction to cruising for new skippers.
Classes are held at West Mersea Yacht Club in convivial surroundings and in a relaxed manner, we believe students benefit from the opportunity to discuss and learn in this forum.
This course equips you with enough knowledge to navigate around familiar waters by day. A basic knowledge of lights is also included to introduce you to night cruising.
Course topics include:
- The basics of seamanship
- The essentials of coastal navigation and pilotage
- Electronic charts
- Position fixing
- Plotting a course to steer
- Weather forecasting and meteorology
- Collision regulations
- Construction, parts and equipment of a cruising boat
- Emergency and safety procedures including distress calls,use of flares, safety harnesses, lifejackets and liferafts
The course starts in October 2018 with enrolment taking place on 1st October 2018 at 1900hrs. Including breaks for Bank Holidays, we aim to complete the 20 x 2 hour sessions necessary by Easter.
Please book through the office by telephoning 01206 382 947 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org