Coastal Skipper/Yachtmaster offshore Theory Course
Advanced training for more experienced skippers building on the Day Skipper course. This course equips you to navigate safely on coastal and offshore passages.
This course will take your theory knowledge to the standard required for the Yachtmaster™ Coastal and Yachtmaster™ Offshore practical exams, concentrating on advanced navigation and meteorology skills.
Course topics include:
- position fixing
- course shaping and plotting
- tidal knowledge
- use of almanacs and admiralty publications
- electronic position finding equipment
- taking and interpreting forecasts
- plotting weather systems
- weather predictions using a barometer and by observation
- collision regulations
- customs and excise regulations for cruising abroad
- It allows some time for revision of the basics and then moves on to advanced navigation techniques.
The course starts in October 2018 with enrolment taking place on 1st October at 1900hrs. Including breaks for Bank Holidays, we aim to complete the 20 x 2 hour sessions necessary by Easter.
Please book through the office by telephoning 01206 382 947 or by email to email@example.com