· This race is similar to one I spotted a couple of years ago on the Royal Southern YC calendar, and which is run annually
· Our event will be a similar one-off race, with a 1500 start and a target race time of 90 minutes, returning to WMYC for a prizegiving and supper
· All helms must be aged at least 60
· The average age of the crew of each boat (including the helm) must be at least 50, with no one on board to be under 50
· Enter via the signing on sheet in WMYC, including the average age of everyone on board
· Sign on for the supper on the sheet in WMYC
· The race will be sailed on Mersea Local Handicaps, but with numbers adjusted according to the average age of the people on board
· A boat with the crew’s average age of 60 will sail off its LH number; 5 points will be deducted from the LH number for each year of average age below 60, with 5 points added to the LH number for each year of average age above 60.
· Therefore, the older your crew, the better the handicap you get!!! For example, a boat with an LH number of 970 and a crew with an average age of 65 would sail off an LH number of 995.
· The importing of elderly guest helms and crew is permissible
· There will be no handicap adjustments for boats not carrying a spinnaker or sailing short handed